Established in 1975 as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, the National Guard Educational Foundation's (NGEF) goal is to tell the Guard's story.
Independent of the National Guard Association of the United States, but co-located in the National Guard Memorial Building in Washington, D.C., NGEF relies solely on charitable contributions.
The purpose of NGEF is to achieve an awareness of the rich heritage and continuing contributions of the National Guard of the United States.
To help realize this goal, NGEF is focusing on five objectives:
1. Preserve and protect our valuable artifacts, artwork, books, photo and document archives.
2. Present museum exhibits that incorporate the latest research and technology.
3. Provide public access to our museum and library collections onsite and online.
4. Educate Americans about the heritage and contributions of the National Guard.
5. Honor the memory and achievements of America's citizen-soldiers.
Check out museum and library internship opportunities here.
Museum and Library hours:
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday-Friday
to view NGEF Board of Directors.
to learn how to get involved with NGEF.
View our mission statement here
for a list of our personnel.
View the NGEF by-laws